Book and Journal Publishing
The Learning Design & Publishing Team can help you maximize the visibility and effectiveness of your work across global channels including journals, books, textbooks, and conference proceedings.
Deciding How, Where, and When to Publish
Publications are critical to career growth and are viewed as a measurement of productivity. The quality of your publications is just as important as the number of articles, chapters, and books you publish.
Publications are critical in obtaining, securing, and maintaining funding for your research. Funding bodies want to see that you are capable of doing the work you are proposing and that there are measurable results from the funded work. Arguably, publications are the best metric we have and a publications record is by far the most common yardstick used in evaluating a researcher. Maximizing the effectiveness of your research results through well-positioned, high-visibility publications can be a key component to your professional development.
Learning Design & Publishing can help you identify your publication goals and then assist in finding the best publication vehicles for your content. We can help you:
- Help you establish your goals for the publication of your book
- Choose the best format for your work
- Find the best journal for your research
- Discuss traditional book publishing and self-publishing options
- Launch a new journal or take on an existing journal
- Publish academic conference proceedings
- Publish your teaching materials
Do you know how to secure the most attractive terms in order to achieve your desired publishing goals? Let us guide you in clarifying and achieving them. Do you know your rights as an author? What about the rights of the institution or repository? We can advise you on retaining copyright and allowing maximal freedom to use your material. We can also help you follow publishing requirements of funding agencies.
Learning Design & Publishing has worked in collaboration with U-M Medical School faculty, staff, and students on variety of journal and book publishing projects. Follow the links below to view these publications and learn more about they came about.
- Clinical Diabetes and Endocrinology open access journal. Learn more about this project!
- Michigan Journal of Medicine Medical Student journal. Learn more about this project!
- Learning Health Systems open access journal. Learn more about this project!
- Building Academic Partnerships to Reduce Maternal Morbidity and Mortality: A Call to Action and Way Forward
- Chronicling Childhood Cancer: A Collection of Personal Stories by Children and Teens with Cancer Learn more about this project!
- Clinical Approach to Ocular Motility: Characteristics and Orthoptic Management of Strabismus - Second Edition Learn more about this project!
- Diabetes 101: Taking Charge
- Eliminating Preventable Maternal and Neonatal Morbidity and Mortality: Critical Components in Building Capacity
- Esophageal Cancer: Real-Life Stories from Patients and Families
- ICD Connection: Living with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator. A collection of stories from patients and their families Learn more about this project!
- ICD Connection: Living with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator. A collection of stories from women and men Learn more about this project!
- The Shapes of Memory Loss