A medical data omnibus for the UMHS research data strategy.
Why use MedBus?
Medical researchers are faced with a complex and changing data landscape.
- Disparate data silos
- Distinct data storage systems
- Distributed data owners
- Dynamic unstructured data with high volume, variety, and velocity
How can MedBus Help?
The MedBus Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) contributes to the MSIS Research IT strategic goal of building and deploying federated data integration services. These integration services are being developed as part of a broader Research Data Strategy Architecture.
A Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) framework for data federation provides a simplified and flexible connection to research data sources.
- Facilitates data discovery
- Increases data interoperability
- Leverages existing domain specific talent and knowledge
- Accelerates alignment of IT resources to shifting research needs