Qualtrics Research Suite: Surveys
This tool helps you build surveys for use in research, assessment or evaluation projects. It's provided to the University of Michigan community at no cost.
Why Use Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is an easy way to design and deploy surveys. Common uses include:
- Data collection for research.
- Teaching evaluations, such as quizzes or course feedback forms.
- Event planning, program evaluations or other administrative forms.
- Student applications or registration forms.
- Feedback forms to help improve processes.
As with all UMHS data applications, check with IRB at 734-763-4768, or the Compliance Office at 734-615-4400 with any data privacy concerns. You can also contact support staff at MSIS at 734-936-8000 for data security assistance.
Benefits of Qualtrics
Qualtrics is robust and easy to use. It offers:
- Simple drag-and-drop interface for creating and editing surveys.
- Adaptable question types for collecting qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to collaborate with others and share survey libraries.
- Panel groups.
- Exporting of data and analysis into popular file formats, including SPSS, Excel and XML.
Qualtrics also offers survey scheduling, reminders, and workflow management.
How Do I Get Started?
Qualtrics is provided to the University community for free. Access includes unlimited surveys, data and reports.
Go to umichumhs.qualtrics.com to create an account and start using Qualtrics.
Refer to Qualtrics University for videos and tutorials on how to build, distribute, and analyze surveys. The online help also covers survey design and data analysis.
A community of survey managers at MSIS and throughout UMHS is available to help new users with questions, example assessments, and other Health System standards and practices.
For help, contact the Service Desk at 734-936-8000 or email@example.com