U-M Hosting Service
U-M Hosting is an institutionally supported hosting platform designed for websites built in Drupal 7, a popular open-source content management system.
What are the Benefits of This Service?
- We ensure good security practice by providing regular Drupal core patches to the sites we support.
- Staffed by the MSIS Solutions Center.
- We take care of configuring the initial Drupal database. You don’t have to install anything.
- We monitor and patch Drupal modules that have security updates.
- We bill via shortcode.
- We install front-end caching on every site so your web pages load faster.
- We optimize our servers for Drupal performance and can respond to spikes in site traffic.
- We have Apache Solr integration for search.
- We can set up and configure cosign (Level 1) login.
Who Can Use It?
U-M Hosting provides a platform where users with Drupal experience can get a site provisioned quickly, and then do their own development work. U-M Hosting can also:
- Host a site built by a contractor or vendor that needs a permanent home.
- Provide a mechanism to register a domain name for your site.
Is This Service Appropriate for Sensitive Information?
Sites containing PHI or any other sensitive information should not use this service. If you need help managing sensitive data, contact the MSIS Solutions Center at 734-936-8000.
How Do I Get Started?
Visit the U-M Hosting website to learn more about this service.